Alpaca Tea Parties.... a wonderful way to celebrate !
Your own special encounter with an alpaca, with tasty party food and a soft play session
While the world remains a little strange, and the usual style of birthday get-together isn’t yet sensible, we can offer a special package that keeps everyone safe and happy. Our Brunches or Afternoon Teas include one very special ingredient – a meeting with a very friendly alpaca
- Exclusive use of the soft play area
- Special celebration food for adults and for kids, served in the big airy private space beside the soft play area
- Exclusive encounter and feeding session with a handsome and delightful alpaca
What’s not included
- Admission to Almond Valley
What does it costs?
- In addition to these party charges, admission tickets to Almond Valley need to be purchased in the normal way (but remember that Friends members are admitted free)
The minimum party size is 15 people, the maximum 30. Parties start at either 10.30 or 13.30.
A £50 deposit is payable at time of booking
Safety measures and restrictions
Continuing covid safety measures ensure your safety and peace-of-mind, but also require more rules and restrictions than would normally be the case.
- We require to record contact details of all adults attending the party
- Every child needs to be accompanied with by a parent, carer, family member, or someone acting in a similar capacity. We need to record each child's name and which adult they will be visiting with. We would expect that children will make up no more than two thirds of your party
- The parties are best suited for family-style groups. Adults who are not attending the party are not able to enter the site to drop off or pick up children.
- Soft play is suitable for children up to eight years of age.
What happens at a party?
You and your guests can arrive at Almond Valley at any time during the day and stay as long as they like...... right up to closing time at 5pm.
From 10.30 (or 13.30 for the afternoon party) you'll get access to the seating area beside the soft play area which will be your exclusive base throughout the party. At 10.40 (or 13.40) a keeper will meet you at your party base and conduct you down to the field where your alpaca pal is waiting for you. If the weather is really miserable you will meet under cover. There will be a full introduction and getting-to-know-you session at which all will have opportunity to offer your South American friend a few tasty treats
Once alpaca and people have enjoyed each other’s company, bid their farewells, and washed their hands, it’s time for the humans to eat. Just after 11.00 (or 14.00) it's time for tea in your party space beside the soft play, where your food will be laid out on platters. For adults there are scones with jam and cream, along with a variety of freshly cut sandwiches, plus tea and coffee. For children, tea comes in a colourful party box packed full with sandwiches, savouries, nibbles, a souvenir badge, and other party goodies.
Once fully-fuelled, the kids have exclusive use of the soft play area until 12.00 (or 15.00), when the party ends. You are, of course, welcome to stay on site right up till closing time.