Great days out for groups of twenty of more people
Almond Valley is a big spacious site that offers all the facilities and fun necessary for a great group outing. Group visits are welcome at any time of the year, and a special discount rate is available. Admission for adults costs £10.00 while children (aged 2 - 15 years) are charged at £8.00.
In order to qualify for this group discount:
- The group must contain 20 or more individuals who are charged for admission.
- The visit, and any special requirements, must be booked at least a week in advance using the on-line booking form
- One person must be nominated as group leader, and will remain responsible for the group throughout the visit
- The group must enter the site together. If visitors arrive by their own transport, the group visitors need to assemble outside and enter as a single group
- Payment must be made before or on the day of your visit as a single payment (it is not practical for group visitors to pay individually).
- Invoices will not be issued unless supported by a local authority purchase order.
Many of the attractions of Almond Valley are of a style that require accompanying adults to be available to monitor and regulate play, and to join in or help with other activities. In this respect we’re rather different from the free-for-all of a public park. Group bookings can only be accepted on the understanding that groups include a sufficient number of adult helpers who will continue to exercise supervision and control of the children in their charge in the same manner that a parent would. This ensures both the happiness and safety of your group and that of other visitors.
How to Book
Just push the button at the foot of the page, check availability, then complete the online form. We'll send you an e-mail to confirm that we've recieved your booking.
About four weeks before the date of your visit we'll e-mail you a timetable for your visit, where appropriate, indicating how your party should be broken down into smaller groups for any booked activities. You may wish to appoint someone to be in charge of each sub-group, or take other measures to ensure that everyone knows where they should be at any particular time.
We ask that you identify a group leader who will be in charge of your group throughout your visit, and provide a mobile phone number so we can contact the leader during the visit, should the need arise.
On arrival, the group leader should report to reception and let us know the precise number of adults and children in their group. Payment in full is required by cash or credit card; we cannot invoice you unless supported by a local authority Purchase Order. We'll then direct the rest of your group onto the site, using a side entrance if things are busy. In order to qualify for group discount, your party needs to enter as a single group, and make a single payment for admission and any extras such as soft play, train or trailer rides; if members of your group are arriving by their own transport, the group needs to assemble outside before entering the site
Almond Valley normally opens at 10am, but an earlier arrival can be arranged if required. Across the site there's a range of covered (although unheated) spaces, suited for eating packed lunches.
Animals can carry some very nasty germs, and although we do everything possible to minimise all risks, it's important that everyone washes their hands thoroughly after any contact with animals. Adults need to supervise children to make sure this is done properly.
There are ample toilet and handwashing faculties with soap and hot water, across the site. We encourage all group leaders to study Health and Safety Executive advice on farm visits, and ensure that those in their charge follow good practice.
We advise against reliance on hand sanitiser gels, as these do not provide the same level of protection as traditional supervised handwashing
There are a number of optional activities that require advance booking.
- Capacity of our soft play area remains limited due to covid restrictions, therefore will not be available to large groups at the present time.
- Tractor and trailer rides can be booked for groups at most times of the year; the short trip around the cropping field costs £1 per person.
- Train rides will resume later in the year, but are unlikely to be available to group visitors during the spring and summer terms
These optional activities have a limited capacity and are often fully booked at busy times. Regrettably there's likely to be little scope to make the choice on the day of your visit or leave the decision to individual members your the group.